Monday, January 27, 2014

Dyslexic What?

There's an old joke that says, "Did you hear about the dyslexic atheist who didn't believe in Dog?"

Okay, it's silly, but I always liked it. 

Sorry. It's the goomer in me.

Let me begin by saying, this blog has little to do with The Write Wind site. That publication is about the art and craft of writing. The Dyslexic Canine, as the description says, will be about one of the controlling elements of my life, my thoughts on God.

You see, because of a near-death experience and a heightened awareness of the vastness of the universe, the past few years have been tumultuous for me spiritually. Many nights, my mind has been a playground for ideas concerning man's place in the cosmos. After numerous sleepless nights, rather than just let those ideas cavort about my clogged-up cranium, I decided to journal via blogdom, sharing them with whomever.

It is essential to note that I do not come to this page with any claims of authority on this subject or even a sense of vague knowledge. I have no formal education on this topic. I do not claim any camaraderie with burning bushes, insightful voices, or even inspired utterance as the result of breaking a toe on a misplaced doorjamb. 

I'm simply a human searcher. Hence, any answers I find are human and as such are entirely fallible upon further investigation. Therefore, I am totally open to comment and direction.

That being said, let me tell you three foundational beliefs governing my thoughts, beliefs that have strengthened over decades of thought and testing:

1. There is a God.

2. God is larger and smaller than any human can conceive.

3. Religion has distorted and distracted us from the true nature of God.


I will expound on each of these as the weeks go on and include references, images, and videos. I have a tendency to use hyperbole, irony, and sometimes pure goofiness, but I promise my intent is never to insult or instigate. I simply want to share and invite you to do the same.

More shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment